Dark Delve Out on Xbox Live
Grab a torch, get some knee guards and get crawling and it’s time to battle your way through the latest dungeon crawling game to hit the Xbox Live system. Spellbooks and sorcery is the aim of the game and working your way through the dungeons with monsters at every turn.
Dark Delve is now out on the Xbox Live Indie Marketplace for 80 Microsoft Points and allows you to create a custom set of characters to help dissolve the centuries old curse in the Dark Delve world. The developers are citing the below as some key elements to the game:
- Involving Combat System with special Chain Break attacks
- Performance in combat is rated with increased rewards for the highest grades
- Discover numerous secret doors and overcome puzzles and traps
- Complex boss battles test player tactics
- Multiple difficulty settings and variable party size available to customize your challenge level
- Disarm Trapped treasure chests and obtain more than 100 unique items
- Each of the 3 character classes offer 3 distinct paths of advancement
- Deeds of Valor awarded for performing special tasks outside what is required (can you reach the Rat King’s lair while avoiding all combat encounters?)
- Minimal random encounters, most encounters are placed in rooms and once defeated, stay defeated
So with only a few random encounters to put up with, this might be a game for those who like the idea of a JRPG but doesn’t want to have to put up with monsters every five seconds. It’s out today, for 80MSP.