Projext X Zone announced in Japan
Crossovers are increasingly common these days, movies do it all the time with Freddy V Jason and many others over the years. Gaming has been doing it for a while, but usually only against two separate games. Today the legendary Japanese magazine: Famitsu announced a threeway cross over project for the Nintendo 3DS.
Project X Zone is the combined efforts of Capcom, Namco Bandai and SEGA, from what we know it looks like it’s going to have characters from various gaming universes such as Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Tekken, Space Channel 5 (with a Chu!), Shining Force and various others.
Nothing is really known at the moment, aside from the following the fact the following characters will appear:
- Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter)
- X and Zero (Mega Man)
- Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)
- Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
- Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
- Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA
- Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
- Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
- Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)
Little else is currently known; however, it’s highly likely a title like this will receive a Western release. Given the fact that it’s about fighting and three large Western publishers are involved.