So you think you can play the guitar…
Playing the guitar is something that many people claim that they can do. Yet, the vast majority of what can only be described as liars, can play the guitar about as well as a King Louis XVI of France, after he was beheaded. Yes, most people are that bad. This is something that Ubisoft have managed to fix in the States and are now bringing their musical abilities to Blighty.
Rocksmith was, until the announcement today, a US only game that allowed anyone to plugin any real electric guitar to a Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and learn how to play the guitar properly with the aid of the game.
Today Ubisoft announced that this game will be made available on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on the 14 September 2012 and allows you still to plugin your electric guitar, which has been gathering dust for months and learn how to play. It’s not just teaching you the “claw” ala Phoebe, but it’s also going to help you master around 50 different songs, a small sample of them are:
- Blur – Song 2
- David Bowie – Rebel Rebel
- Eric Clapton – Run Back To Your Side
- Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
- Incubus – I Miss You
- Interpol – Slow Hands
- Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
- Muse – Unnatural Selection
- Nirvana – In Bloom
- Pixies – Where Is My Mind?
- Queens Of The Stone Age – Go With The Flow
- Radiohead – High And Dry
- The Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
- The White Stripes – Icky Thump
- Velvet Revolver – Slither
So that’s Rocksmith, a game that sounds like a diamond shop, available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on the 14 September 2012 in the UK.