Animal Crossing New Horizons Direct – 15th October 2021
At 3PM UK time, Nintendo are having their latest direct to explain what updates are coming to players islands in Animal Crossing New Horizons. We know that coffee connoisseur Brewster is making a long awaited appearance but that’s about it. Inside we have the live stream and when the time comes, we’ll have our initial impressions of this 20 minute presentation, which could well be the last update we receive for the game.
Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0 Update
The update is coming on the 5th November and below is a list of changes to the game, this will be the last free update to Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Brewster is bringing his Roost coffee shop to your island. Islanders will pop in from time to time.
- Invite characters to your shop via amiibo, or by inviting your friends.
- Kapp’n is also offering boat tours and sea shanties to a new exclusive island.
- Building a merchant plaza will attract more animals to the island
- Group stretching is now a thing. Using motion or button controls you can stretch with residents
- Island Ordinance allows you to set the times the island is more active, perfect for those on a late shift.
- Homes can now be customised and the storage has been upped from 2400 items to 5000. Bridges and inclines are also going up from 8 to 10 each.
- Cooking is also coming to AC:NH, grow your own crops and make recipes from scratch.
- The camera app is adding a first person perspective on your island.
- Patterns can now be worn, and used as wallpaper and the fences are getting new styles to mix up your island style.
- 11 new reactions, 10 new hairstyles and 12 move KK Slider songs are being added.
- QOL improvements include having ladders being crafted so they can be put against cliffs, more items in Nook’s Cranny & sidling through tight spaces..
Animal Crossing New Horizons Happy Home Paradise
Animal Crossing New Horizons Happy Home Paradise is paid DLC that also releases on 5th November. has you taking off to a resort and help characters make their own perfect vacation home. You start with the things the residents want to see but once that is placed, you’re free to design their bungalow how you feel is fit. The clients will provide feedback as you go along to keep you along the right track.
Design options will be flexible and you can even pick up new designs to take you back to your own island and once you’ve built up your first few homes, more clients will contact you to design their villas. Amiibo cards and characters can be used to draw in specific islanders to help design their perfect holiday home. To celebrate this, Series 5 Amiibo will release on the same day which will feature new characters not seen before in card form.
You can also develop the vacant facilities on this new island and even suggest remodeling previous customer’s designs. Part of the DLC allows you to share your designs with players across the world which will be updated through the in-game Nook app.
The DLC will be available to preorder on 25th October priced at £22.49, or it’ll be included as part of the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack which will have a yearly cost of £34.99 for individual plans or £59.99 for the Family plan.