Kingdom Hearts Games Are Coming To Switch Via Cloud Streaming
Nintendo have announced that Sora isn’t just appearing in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, but the majority of the Kingdom Hearts series is coming to Nintendo’s Hybrid via cloud streaming. A release date has yet to be announced.
As is typical in the Kingdom Hearts series, the titles are long and convoluted, even more so with Cloud Version tacked on but here’s what we’re getting:
- KINGDOM HEARTS – HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX – Cloud Version
- KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
- KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
- KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)
- KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version
- KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
- KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)
- KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep
- KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind Cloud Version
It will be interesting to see how Square/Nintendo position the cloud functions with these games. At the moment, you pay for a pass that expires after so many days. With all 3 games featuring a lot of content, players will have to attack each game to ensure they reach the end before the pass expires.
More information as to when Nintendo Switch players can experience the Kingdom Hearts series will be released soon.