All human girls have a skull, it’s a prerequisite for being alive. After all, lacking a skull means you lack a head and that’s a sight to see. But what’s more interesting is that Skullgirls, the 2D fighting game is shortly to be released in the UK.
Available on the PlayStation 3 immediately and from the 11 April 2012 for the Xbox 360 for $14.99/1200 Microsoft Points, Skullgirls is set to keep fighting fans happy as it’s already be given awards.
The game, which has been highly anticipated by the fighting game community, is expected to become a mainstay in the tournament scene, starting with tournaments in North America, Europe, and Australia sponsored by Autumn Games:
• PowerUp 2012: Cincinnati – April 13-15
• Stunfest: Rennes, France – April 13-15
• ESC: The Elite Series at Wizard World Toronto Comicon: Toronto – April 14-15
• Shadowloo Showdown: Melbourne, Australia – May 4-6
• Toryuken: Toronto – May 19-20
• Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8: Chicago – May 25-27
• Northwest Majors: Seattle – June 2-3
• Montreal Annual Tournament: Montreal – June 2-3
• East Coast Throwdown: Morristown, N.J. – June 9-10
• CEO 2012: Orlando, Fla. – June 15-17
• Midwest Championships 2012: Nashville, Tenn. – June 22-24
• ESC: Elite Series (Finals): Toronto – July 28
More tournaments will be announced in the coming weeks and additional details on upcoming tournaments can be found on the official Skullgirls website by visiting http://skullgirls.com/2012/04/skullgirls-tournaments/;
Skullgirls puts players in control of fierce female warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Fighters battle it out for control of a mysterious artifact known as the Skull Heart, which has the power to grant the victor’s wishes. Those judged impure are transformed into the fearful instrument of their twisted wish – a pale and lovely tempest, a beautiful nightmare – the Skullgirl. The team behind Skullgirls is led by renowned fighting game champion Mike “Mike Z” Zaimont and artist Alex “o_8” Ahad, whose work has been featured in many publications, including Lava Punch and Girls of Gaming.